Arts Deco fluted and moulded tea trio by Shelley c 1935.
When first established in the mid nineteenth century the factory which, since 1929, has been known as Shelley Potteries, was named the Foley Works, its proprietor being Henry Wileman. The name Shelley comes into the story in 1867, when J. B. Shelley became a partner. Three years later, when Wileman retired, he became the sole proprietor. The similarity between superb nineteenth century Wileman Foley pieces and delicate Art Deco Shelley peices such as this notable.
CAndle scented with rose geranium and will burn for approximately 40 hours.